Please note: This policy applies across all Harper and Debbage Group websites. Last updated 2 July 2021.
How we use your personal information
Harper and Debbage is known as the ‘Controller’ of personal data that we collect about you. We process and hold your information in some instances related to the nature of our business. This notice will explain how we use and share your information.
Collection and use of personal information
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
You will be asked to supply some personal information when contacting Harper and Debbage, you are not required to provide the requested information but in most cases we will not be able to advise you nor respond to any queries if you fail to provide this information.
What personal information do we collect:
When you register on our site, enquire about products and services, complete online forms or contact us we may collect a variety of information including but not limited to:
- Your Name
- Mailing Address
- Telephone Number (landline or mobile)
- Email Address
- Contact Preferences
- Payment Information
Ways we may collect personal information
Information may be collected in several different ways but predominantly as set out below:
- Face to Face – If you attend our premises, stall or trade stand at an event or are a guest of a talk or event we are hosting or attending we may collect your personal data.
- Phone Calls – If you call us personal data may be recorded dependent on the nature of the call.
- Emails – If you email us we may keep your email address and the email as evidence of contact. We are unable to guarantee the security of any email contact initiated by you and we recommend that you keep the amount of confidential information to a minimum.
- Using our Website – In order to provide you with a personalised experience while using our website, we may collect and process information about you, including but not limited to your name, address, contact details such as your email address and phone number, payment card details, products you buy and information about the way you have viewed and used our website (personal information).
The most common ways in which we collect information about you are as follows:
- Ordering Products – if you order products on our website or correspond with us by phone or e-mail you will give us personal information necessary to process, confirm and complete your order. This will include your delivery address and your payment card details.
- Social Media – you may give us information when you participate in discussions or other social media functions on our Website or other social media accounts.
- Competitions, Promotions and Surveys – if you enter any competition or promotion we run, you will provide personal information to us.
- Your Preferences – you may choose to provide us with information about your marketing preferences to enhance and personalise your use of our website.
- Email – Email data is securely stored within our email server. Once marketing / news opt in is ticked the email address is automatically added to the Mailchimp mailing list. Data is then held in the secure mailchimp mailing list for future marketing correspondence.
- Online Payments – ALL online payments are processed through the secure Braintree Payment Gateway and no credit or debit card details are kept on our servers
We use this to understand how the website is being used in order to improve the user experience. User data is all anonymous. You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview
You have several rights which relate to your personal data.
You are entitled to request access to any personal data that we may hold about you and you can also request a copy.
Where we are relying on your consent to process personal data you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
You can also request that we correct any personal data that we may hold about you that you believe is inaccurate. You may also request the deletion of any personal data that we may hold about you.
We are obliged to consider and respond to any request within one calendar month.
If you wish to make a request or complaint regarding how your personal data has been handled please contact us.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk